From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 00:05:30 -0400
I missed half the game, and only caught the 2nd half ont he radio
anyway...UNO gave up 2 early power play goals, and anothe rin the 2nd, then
Maine fended off UNO's attacks in the third to hold on for the shutout. It
sounds like UNO gave a better overall effort this game than Friday, but hte
first two periods were penalty filled for both teams. Maine's goalie fended
off several high-percentage shot opporunities in the third to hold on for
the shutout.

Maine (2-0-0) leaves Omaha with a sweep.
UNO (0-2-0) will head to Denver looking for win #1, where the Pioneers will
be ready to avenge last year's sweep in Omaha at the hands of the Mavericks.
Next home series will be Halloween Weekend against Mankato.

Side Note: So far I'd say UNO has worsened the extras at the arena this year
compared to last year...the Cheerleaders still do absolutly nothing, there's
no live band this year cause of a money squabble between the Athletic and
band depts.(and the taped version of the fight song absolutly sucks over the
loud speaker - full marching bands and hockey don't mix), there're no
souvenier pops (they're giving the souveneir cups with beer only this year),
and until I goto another game to make sure, I don't think they've done
anything new to the arena this year either(though it is the city's arena,
UNO could prolly push something thru if they wanted to).

Does any other UNO fan out there(Joel) agrees with me on this? And who do we
mention our complaints to? the AD or the SID or who?

Ben F.
U!N!O! U!N!O!