From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:17:45 -0400
Hi -

> 1998-99 MIAMI REDHAWK VARSITY ICE HOCKEY SCHEDULE

  [snip, snip]

> Fri., Oct. 23           @ Providence
> Sat., Oct. 24           @ New Hampshire

  I'm looking forward to Miami's (and Lake Superior State's) visit to the
Whittemore Center come October as travel partners.  Both schools have ties
to UNH: former Redhawk Asst. coach Dave Lassonde is now serving in the same
capacity for the Wildcats, and Lake State's first NC$$ Championship squad
(1988 in Lake Placid - what a weekend *that* was :-) was coached by ex-UNH
stalwart Frank "Frankie" Anzalone ....

> Dec. 27-28              @ Syracuse Tournament
>                         (Colgate, Merrimack, St. Lawrence)

  Does this signal Cornell's abdication as co-host (with Colgate) for this
Tournament ??  Attendance/interest in the SIT has been declining for years;
I wonder if this might be a last gasp attempt to keep it going one more
year ....

> Sat., Jan. 16           MICHIGAN STATE (The Crown, Cincinnati, Ohio)

  Is this what once was known as Riverfront Coliseum, i.e., The Pond -
literally - at Cincinnati ??  Miami was the host school then; let's hope
they have better luck with the ice *this* time 'round :-)

  Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim