From:
DOUGLAS COFFMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1992 10:23:04 EST
As a former head user at Michigan Tech (and current usher). I have to disagree
 with the idea of making an exception to the rule.  We also have a "Throw
 something on the ice/receive a complementary escort out of the arena" policy.
 We have found that if you make one exception, the rule becomes MUCH harder to
 enforce when things get out of hand.

Just my $0.02.

Douglas J. Coffman
Michigan Tech University