From:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 17:18:21 -0800
>In a message dated 4/12/98 2:41:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>> http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe/globehtml/095/Berenson_has_grown_into_role_
>>  as_kee.htm
>
>Jeff,
>
>When I try to access this article, the url has changed. I finally tracked it
>down thru their archives but was unable to retrieve it.  Are you able to cut
>and paste the article and send it to me?  Thanks.
>
>Jack Berenzweig
==============Reply==============
Jack--

Sorry! We've been foiled by the Boston Globe again. The Berenson column by
Bob Ryan has now slipped off into the Archives. It can be retrieved
alright, but "certain charges may apply".

To get it, go to boston.com and search the archives looking for "berenson".
The column is by Bob Ryan, and it's dated 4/6/98. I suspect you can give
them a credit card for their nominal "certain charge". Alternatively, I'd
bet that Ryan would give you all the copies you want in exchange for
becoming Bubba's agent.

Basically, the story dealt with Red's life-long respect for academics and
his teaching himself to become both a coach and a recruiter (which he says
he enjoys a lot) after taking the job at Michigan. It also speaks of his
leading the Wolverines back, Moses-like, from the squalor that the program
had achieved after he had gone off to the NHL at the end of his collegiate
career.

I'm sorry to have posted an expired URL. I hope you, and the several other
Hockey-l members whom I inadvertently mislead, were not too badly
inconvenienced. My penance should probably be having to buy the damn thing,
then distributing it to everybody who wants it. But, alas, I'm not THAT
guilty about it.
--jeff

--Jeff Partnow ([log in to unmask])

UAF -- Should be fine by '99.