From:
Eric Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:29:14 -0900
Debbie Somers wrote:

> Rumor has it that this year's Senior Tournament will be held in
> Detroit on
> April 10th and that it will be carried on Fox.  Does this ring a bell
> with
> anyone?

The North American University Hockey Championships is scheduled to be
played April 10 at the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.  They had the roster
for the U.S. team, which this year is not restricted to American
players, in the USA Today College Hockey site last week.  I noticed
Forrest Gore from UW-Stevens Point was on the team (only D3 player), but
I haven't heard anything about it being broadcast.

Here's a link to a story from Slam! Hockey's CIAU page

http://www.cmtcanada.com/CIAUHockey/mar18_can.html

And here's the U.S. roster from
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/shc/shcfs002.htm

Name               Pos.   School
Chad Alban          G     Michigan State
Jimmy Andersson     D     Brown
Sean Berens         F     Michigan State
Anders Bjork        F     Denver
Calvin Elfring      D     Colorado College
Dan Boyle           D     Miami Univ.
Dru Burgess         F     Colgate
Adam Copeland       F     Miami Univ.
Forrest Gore        F     Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Tyler Harlton       D     Michigan State
Matt Henderson      F     North Dakota
Martin Laroche      F     Merrimack
Brian Leitza        G     Minnesota-Duluth
Terry Marchant      F     Lake Superior State
Bill Muckalt        F     Michigan
Curtis Murphy       D     North Dakota
Mike Peluso         F     Minnesota-Duluth
Andre Savage        F     Michigan Tech
Marty Turco         G     Michigan
Shawn Wansborough   F     Maine
Brian White         D     Maine

Alternates:
Jason Elliott       G     Cornell
Trevor Prior        G     Miami Univ.
Brett Colborne      D     Ferris State
Ryan Root           D     Ohio State
Curtis Sheptak      D     Northern Michigan
Andy Sutton         D     Michigan Tech
Joe Blaznek         F     Lake Superior State
Matt Herr           F     Michigan
Casey Kesselring    F     Merrimack
Ryan Kraft          F     Minnesota
Mark Spence         F     Middlebury
Buddy Wallace       F     Clarkson

Coaching staff:  George Gwozdecky, Denver; Mark Mazzoleni,
Miami University; Mike Schafer, Cornell; Shawn Walsh, Maine.