From:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Somers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 12:16:35 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Cutler, Ken <[log in to unmask]>

If a school wants a less competitive, more even playing field there is a solution.  It is Division III.  And that is pretty darned good hockey.

After reading the above several times, I remain confused by what Ken's saying in the first sentence.  Less competitive with respect to what?  I would hope not less competitive among the participating schools with respect to the intensity of play and intensity of the various rivalries that exist, both between schools and between conferences.  I am equally unsure about the even playing field phrase.

But, then again, I am somewhat biased when it comes to Division III hockey.

Gadzooks ... does this cross-division discussion warrant creation of another list?  Oh my.

Debbie Somers
UW-Stevens Point Hockey
http://athletics.uwsp.edu/hockey