From:
"Tami L. Kuhn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tami L. Kuhn
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 22:03:49 -0500
Had to come into the office to do a little work and thought that I'd
provide an update.  MSU defeated Michigan 5-1 tonight.  This was Ron
Mason's 800th career win.  Way to go Coach!!!  The students poured onto the
ice at the end of the game to congratulate him - first time I've ever seen
that at MSU.

Sean Berens scored a hat trick.  Chad Alban faced 29 shots on goal.  Three
stars:  #3 - Alban; #2 - Berens; #1 - Mason.

Not one of the better technical games that I've seen either team play.  But
it is a win that moves MSU to within one point of first in the CCHA. Marty
Turco sat for the entire game. Tomorrow night will be fun!!

Tami L. Kuhn
Coordinator, Campus Life Orientation
Michigan State University
339 Student Services Building