From:
Rich Shelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rich Shelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 23:07:42 -0500
First, let me put what I'm about to say in perspective. I've only seen
Drury play 4
times this season, twice against BC and  in the two Beanpot games -- not
a lot to
base an opinion on, but I've never let that stop me before, so here
goes....

Drury strikes me as just another good player, even on his own team.
Poti, Laroque, Sylvia -- these guys have an equal, and sometimes
greater, impact on BU's success. Sure, he draws a lot of attention from
opponents, but everyone's "best" player has to deal with that. The Hobey
winner should be someone who finds a way to produce in big game
situations, and I don't know that Drury's done that this season. Case in
point --
with about 3 minutes left in  Beanpot regulation, score tied at 1, and
both teams skating 4 aside, BU puts out Drury with
Poti, Kelleher and Degerman. A fan behind me notes that with Drury, this
4 on 4 is like a man advantage for BU. Yet, not only does he not create
anything, he takes himself off the ice by retaliating to a slash  with a
roughing penalty. Not the stuff Hobey winners are made of, IMO.

His other performances (that I've viewed):
the 5th goal with 23 seconds left in a 5-0
drubbing of BC; not noticeable in a 6-4 defeat by BC; the 4th goal in a
4-1 win over NU in the Beanpot opener. Some solid stuff, but nothing
exceptional.

Just one guy's opinion.....