From:
"Kretsch, Ken" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kretsch, Ken
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:09:40 -0500

        [Ken Kretsch]  Funny, I seem to recall a story in which Jack
Parker talked about
        sleeping in the Garden for a couple of nights. Anyway, I guess
several thousand
        fans did stay overnight.

> ...and thus the Dugout has become a post-beanpot tradition ever since.

        [Ken Kretsch]  During that week of the storm several of us went
cross-country
        skiing through the BU campus. Our last stop was the Dugout. When
the
        regulars saw us trample in with our skis they shouted "The
rescue squad is here!!"
        and bought us several rounds. Nothing like a hot buttered rum
after skiing
        up and down Commonwealth Avenue.

> Of course, only those team members of legal age are allowed entrance
> or the
> ability to purchase and consume alcohol.

        [Ken Kretsch]  The drinking age in Massachusets was 18 way back
then.