From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 08:52:50 -0600
Nathan Eric Hampton writes:

>I believe he was referring to the following story:

<<rest of article deleted>>

His critique of the Minnesota-MTU games is based on a newspaper article and
hearsay.  He did not, so far as I know, see the games in question.  Having
been there, I can assure you that those in attendance saw a rough,
hard-fought series in which both teams indulged in quite a bit of
unpleasantness.  Tech lost a player to a shoulder injury, three Gophers
suffered hand injuries (two fractures and a torn ligament) and both teams
came away with various other bumps and bruises.  I don't believe that
either team should be singled out as lacking in sportsmanship.  These are
two teams that appear to dislike each other, and that dislike is manifested
in rough games.

-- Erik