From:
Kevin L Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin L Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 14:36:22 -0600
******
From Mankato State Reporter
Volume 69, Number 37, June 18 1997

Portion of article "WCHA opens door: Mavs take a small step in" by Wayne
Carlson Sports Editor

McLeod commented that it was a face familiar to Minnesota hockey fans
who first put in a good word for MSU.

"Most of the league members felt strongly in favor of the Final Five
concept we've been using," McLeod said. "I think it was Doug
Woog [University of Minnesota hockey coach] who first suggested inviting
Mankato State to fill the 10th spot."
******

I don't know why a radio persoanlity would make such an unqualified
statement.  From the beginning it has been the University of Minnesota
who has supported the Mankato Program as noted above.   Maybe the North
Dakota broadcaster has a source, maybe it was just speculation, or even
just some more venom directed down towards the Rivals from Minnesota.
It has always IRKED me when broadcasters make statements like that.  A
newspaper reported would have to credit the source or say that it was an
unnamed source but a boradcaster can make up whatever they want.
Yuck...

Which UND radio personality was it?

--
            \\\/////