From:
Kevin L Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin L Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 14:17:23 -0600
Eric J. Burton wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Ben Flickinger wrote:
>
> > >Why does the WCHA allow Mankato St. into the WCHA tourney if they are
> > >not a member?
> >
> > the WCHA needed a tenth team for their tournament, and since Mankato St. is
> > going to be joining the WCHA in 2 years, they invited them to become the
> > 10th seed. Who knows, maybe next year Nebraska-Omaha will get the 10th spot
> > just to make it fair.
>         Mankato is not a done deal in getting into the WCHA, either is UNO.
> I heard on the radio in Grand Forks that since MTU is probably leaving we
> can have an even schedule with 8 teams. Supposively Minnesota's president
> is against letting MSU into the league because they are a competting
> school in acedemics. stay toned.
>
>         Eric J. Burton
>         The "Fan"
>         1997-98 WCHA Fighting Sioux Hockey
>         1997-98 Boston Bruins Hockey Team
>         Denver Broncos Super Bowl Champs XXXII
>         NHL Hockey the Coolest Game on the Planet

I'd like see a transcript or something of the broadcast with that quote.
Minnesota's President Mark Yudof has been nothing but supportive for
Mankato.  And Mark Dienhart has been very helpful in helping Mankato set
up there program with information and consultation.  Seems like an
unqualified statement.   Mankato State does compete with the U in
academics but so does st cloud state, und, umd, wisconsin and even
Bemidji State.

Broad unqualified statement back at ya - Wisconsin probably has as many
Minnesota kids attending as does Mankato.
--
            \\\/////
            / ^   _ \