From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 11:47:55 -0500

>I haven't seen DiPaolo on the bench all season, so I suspect his departure
>occurred in the fall.  I don't think he was a scholarship player, since
>RPI seems to have found some more to give for next year's class, and Brad
>Tapper.  RPI had also offered Dan Evans of the Capital Selects a full
>ride, but he ultimately opted for Clarkson.

Actually, the correct name is Dave Evans. My son played spring soccer
with him and I believe he is a baseball player also. He is a big defensemen
in hockey as well as soccer and is a very good all-around athlete. He
played hockey at LaSalle Institute in Troy for at least one (maybe 2)
years but he and his family apparently decided that his future hockey
prospects
would be better served by playing with the Selects rather than LaSalle.
That decision seems to have paid off for him.
As an RPI fan, I'm doubly sorry for his decision. Not only would his presence
on the RPI defense have been a welcome addition, but losing him to
Clarkson makes the loss even worse. In addition, having a local athlete
on the the team always seems to bring in more fans and turn the fan enthusiasm
up a notch. It would have been nice.

Keep the name Dave Evans in mind next year. He has the potential of being
a real force in the ECAC
Mark Lewin
RPI - class of '69