From:
Craig Lisko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:33:09 -0500
Typically, any type of interference or delay of the game as a result of
fans, usually results in first a verbal warning over the PA system. The
second time usually results in a 2-minute delay of game penalty. If there
is a third time, the referee has the "discretion" to call the game where it
stands, as complete or to be completed at a later date.

The most bizarre incident I have ever heard of were fans being so obnoxious
that the referee emptied the building and then played the last period and a
half with no one in the stands. I can't exactly remember where that
happened though.

Of course fans are going to try to do anything they can to agitate a
goaltender, but as long as its within the bounds of sanity, pretty much
anything goes.

Having had the luxury of playing at Munn, their fans are so kind to the
opposing goaltender. They have songs, but one of the classics is the sieve
that gets thrown on the ice when MSU scores their first goal. Thank
goodness I won more games than I lost at MSU. But its all part of the
"atmosphere" that I would consider acceptable.

Craig Lisko
Ferris State 1990-1994