From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:48:45 -0500
Bill Fenwick writes:
> On Jan 10,  6:56, Debbie Somers wrote:
> >>With 8:18 to go in the third and Maine ahead 6-4, an altercation after the
> >>play resulted in majors and game disqualifications to Maine's Wansborough
> >>(spearing) and Brian White (leaving the bench) as well as Merrimack's Mike
> >>Rodrigues (fighting).  All three players will miss their team's next game.
> >
> >I find it interesting that White only got one game DQ.  In a recent NCHA
> >game, a player who left the bench and participated in a fight got two game
> >DQ's.  Since Mike didn't include penalties in his boxscore over on INFO-H-L,
> >I don't know if the single DQ for leaving the bench was the only penalty he
> >got or not, but it's interesting to see the difference in officiating.
>
> If both White and the NCHA player got the same penalty (i.e. the NCHA
>player's
> second DQ wasn't for spearing or something), I can think of two possible
> explanations:

I'm told that the NCHA player also took part in the altercation, thus he
probably received a DQ for leaving the bench and a DQ for fighting.  White
was not involved in the altercation, so he only got one DQ.  Case closed.
:-)

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****         Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey  WCAP 980 AM          *****