From:
"Kenneth M. Baker" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kenneth M. Baker
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 23:08:01 -0500
Kevin Coty wrote:

>In friday nights game between OSU and LSSU an interesting thing happened.
>While LSSU was on a 5 on 3 power play they pulled their goalie.  ( The
>score was 6-0 in favor of OSU at the time and I think they were trying to
>avoid the shutout )  OSU proceeded to score a short handed goal.  The way I
>score that it's a short-handed, 3 on 6, empty net goal.   When was the last
>time that happened?  Any of the stats gurus care to respond?

The last time I remember it happening was at Yost Ice Arena 2 years ago at a
Michigan game against University of Illinois at Chicago on January 12, 1996
on national television.  Larry Pedrie's Flames were trailing 5-0 in the 2nd
period and had a five minute power play.  John Madden would score on an
empty-netter.  Were the Lakers that bad?

KMB

Kenneth M. Baker
University of Michigan '96
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]