From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 23:44:03 -0500
At 05:01 PM 12/31/97 EST, you wrote:
> I would be happy with RPI if they could just manage to stand
>reasonably still for the Star Spangled Banner and if their fans did not
>trivialize a national Anthem  by using it as a "fight song".

Just for the record, RPI is not alone in this. As a matter of fact
I believe RPI "borrowed" using the nation Anthem from the other
Red team in the ECAC. Additionally, now Clarkson uses
the word "night" ("knight") and Union goes so far as to
chime in on O say can "U" see.

That said, I agree that this trivializes the anthem and is in
poor taste.
Mark Lewin
RPI - class of '69