From:
ERidolfi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 16:08:12 EST
Princeton won this game straight up.  We behind the net believed that a quick
whistle took away a 1st period Tiger goal.  But later, #14 on BU took a
hooking penalty and 30 seconds later Bertoli scored.  Then Masters scored 16
seconds later 5 on 5.

Drury's 2nd period goal was a thing of absolute beauty.  Stunning, in fact.
The slapper came right in and Drury redirected and BANG.

I noticed that Tiger D kept pushing BU to the boards.  Rarely (maybe 3 times
all game) did BU storm up the middle.

If time of possession were kept, Princeton must have had the edge.  They were
keeping constant pressure on BU.  Although the penalty-less 3rd period started
out flat, it built in intensity.

Shireffs goal was wild!  He had a half a step on his man then charged the net
with flashy stick handling and beat the goalie right between the legs.

BU pulled their goalie with 40 seconds left and had several shots.  Although
Salterelli was at the far end of the ice from us, we heard 3 or 4 hard pad
saves towards the end of the game.

BU played well but the Tigers played better.

GO TIGERS!

PS:  AdamW:  This was the best I've seen the Tigers play over 3 periods.  It
was solid.