From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:58:03 -0500
Greg Ambrose wrote:

> Actually, Sean, we had five full power plays in the game and small
> parts of three others.  And, if you were at the game and did not see
> the obvious interference against Bekar late in the third period well
> . . . maybe you weren't at the game.

UNH had six full power plays, including 1:38 (1:37 to start the third
period) of a 5-on-3.  BU had one full power play and parts of two
others.  As for the "obvious interference" against Bekar, it was not
called, so maybe it was not "obvious" to everyone, including the
officials.  And yes, I was at the game.

> BTW, nice to see you post.

Thanks, but it is unlikely I will be posting to the list again
anytime soon.

> Sean Pickett writes:
>
> > I do not recall much, if any, bellyaching on this list
> >last month when referee Jim Villandry did not blow the whistle when
> >Tom Noble froze the puck in the crease, thereby allowing Derek
> >Bekar to hack away until he knocked the puck into the net.
>
> Ahah!!  You mean this might have been a "make up call"?  What
> intrigue!

No.  UNH got a goal because of a slow whistle on 14 November and did
not get a goal because of a quick whistle on 12 December.
Furthermore, I doubt it was the first time, or will be the last time,
a quick whistle prevents UNH (or BU, or any other team) from getting
a goal.

> >By the way, Michel's name is spelled Larocque, not LaRocque.
>
> Just a slip of the finger, sorry.

There is no reason to apologize, errors occur.  I just wanted to
mention the correct spelling.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers             1997 Hockey East and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html