From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 13:20:29 -0500
Well, this rumor usually doesn't get started until about mid-January, and
Vermont hasn't been mentioned in the past few years, but it's pretty much an
annual occurrence that RPI, or Vermont, or RPI *and* Vermont, are "considering"
moving to Hockey East.  RPI supposedly came real close a few years ago, before
the ECAC lengthened its regular-season schedule by two games and did some sort
of TV contract, but that's been pretty much it.

Until there's supporting evidence to the contrary, I'd chalk this up to the
"Man, we don't have much to talk about... let's rehash this one again"
category.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"Two kids left alone... stranger comes over, destroys the house, terrifies the
 kids, tortures the fish."
"R.J., _The Cat in the Hat_ was *not* written by Stephen King."
"He's been known to use a pseudonym."
-- Michael Fry and T. Lewis, "Over the Hedge"