From:
Juan Martinez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 12:51:43 -0400
>>>I don't think the final decision has been made yet regarding the status
of those games.  From what I read in our local paper, both Michigan
State and Clarkson have counted the games in their records while BU has
not, and WI is waiting for the NCAA ruling.<<<

You're right, still no word yet and it may not come down for months. While I
can't speak for Michigan State, Clarkson is definitely not counting these
gamse as real ones. All the press notes state that these were exhibition
games. Chances are that won't change unless the NCAA says it counts them. You
know, you'd think the NCAA could have settled this over the summer.

Juan Martinez
Clarkson '95
Freelance Hockey Writer