From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:36:22 -0400
Buddy Power's Bowling Green squad is in Chestnut
Hill to face the Eagles this evening. Although the
Eagles have somewhat of a goaltending problem,
the game will give us a greater indication of just
how significant the whooping was that BC gave
Ottawa last weekend. Those of us who are fans of
other HockeyEast teams will be hoping that BC gets
us off to a good start in the inter-league record
race. (Maine also plays WCHA's Minnesota
tonight as well as tomorrow night, Bowling Green
goes to Northeastern tomorrow and BU also takes on
RPI tomorrow.)

Bowling Green is picking up where they left off
last year ... once again incurring losses on the
roster. In the off-season, they lost Peter Ratchuk
to the
pros after he scored 12 goals in his freshman
year. Last weekend, Adam Edinger (29pts last year)
got called for spearing and will miss the game.
Dan
Price's (32 pts last year) knee is still messed up
from the fatal car accident in August where his
passenger was killed.

The Falcons should feel more competitive on
Saturday night when they face Northeastern who has
4 more freshmen-sophomore players (20 to
Bowling Green's 16). Among the Falcons 9 freshmen
are #12 Curtis Valentine who stands 6-5 1/2 and
#16 Dennis Williams who is at the other end
of the spectrum ... standing 5-8 1/2. These two
had high scroring seasons last year for Capital
District Selects and Stratford (MWJHL)
respectively.

From USCHO ... According to Paula Weston, word is
that Bowling Green "lacks heart and leadership as
well as solid goaltending." She predicts BC
to come up winners 6-4 where as Dave Hendrickson
says it'll be 5-2 BC. Personally, I'm hoping BC's
third-string goalie Andy McLaughlin gets his
second straight shut-out and the new
Gionta/Reasoner/Hutchins line continues to roll
leading the team to a 7-0 blanking of our CCHA
rivals.
Northeastern should be able to make it a sweep,
although it'll likely be a 2-1 or 3-2 game which
could go either way.

As far as the rest of the action, RPI better take
its best shot before BU gets rolling and I'm
crossing my fingers that Maine is ready to play
the
Gophers of Minnesota. I see BU in a 3-3 tie, with
Maine getting three points from Minnesota 8-6 and
4-4.

All in all, HE goes 3-0-2 or 2-1-2.

Paul Gentile ... [log in to unmask]