From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 19:46:57 -0600
here are my tries for different threads

The refs in the <insert favorite league> are <good, bad, terrible>

<team> is a lot better/worse than it looks in the polls/ratings

Howcome <team> disn't bring a band to the phinal phour

My band is better than your band

musical coaches

travel to/from alaska is bad because <pick a reason>

travel times in different leagues are ....   well, different

> Date:         Mon, 4 Aug 1997 21:26:18 -0400
> From: D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Generic Summer Posting
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Let's just summarize things and get them out of the way, to clear the space
> for something DIFFERENT !!
>
> Minnesota should recruit some players from the 49 other states, Canada and
> Europe --- and Pathfinder should be used for looking at Mars also.
>
> Your all-star team overlooked [my favorite player]; though he only had one
> goal last year (on an empty net), and two assists, he is sooooooo
> dedicated.
>
> My team's schedule for next season was put together by an idiot.
>
> Whoever made ____ #1 in so-and-so's poll has got to be kidding.  Corrolary
> - how  could anyone put [them] in a Top Ten poll.
>
> The [insert name of lowly professional minor league] is about to steal away
> [insert name of 4th-line plugger off your team].  He ought to stay and get
> a degree from our world-class institution of higher education.
>
> This just in - prep school whiz ?Skhspiwh* gave a verbal commitment to my
> team, for the 2000-2001 freshman class.
>
> Does anyone have the TV schedule for [insert conference] for next year ?  I
> don't have cable, but my satellite dish can get distant signals like Jodie
> Foster can, so just let me know who carries their games, and I'll tune my
> dish.
>
> I'm convinced my team is going to the Final Four in Boston.  Who's got
> extra tickets ?
>

> My congratulations to anyone who can originate a thread different than the
> above.

         charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]
 (719) 262-3492      (fax) 262-3369          http://www.cs.uccs.edu/~cdash