From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:40:22 -0500
First off, congratulations to the Terriers.  After all the talk this season
about how weak Hockey East was, it's nice to have a representative in the
Championship game once again.

I think Greg Ambrose summed up the thoughts of most UNH fans earlier this week
when he addressed why we shouldn't be disappointed in UNH's season.  It would
have been nice to get at least one game from the Terriers, but I watched BU
shut down Michigan last night in much the same way they handled UNH all
season.  Simply unbelievable!

You have to give BU credit for knowing how to shut down the big guns.

Finally, my compliments to the officials for the call on Pierce.  Bob Norton
wondered if they would have the guts to make the call in a game of such
importance, and they did.  I believe that penalties in the first period should
be penalties in the third period should be penalties in the championship game.
Hitting from behind was a point of emphasis at the beginning of the season and
I'm happy it remains as such.

I also like the replay policy for these games -- use it if you have it, but
don't rely on it.

What a great great hockey game!

  \_  \_  \_     Howard M. Quimby                [log in to unmask]
  \_\_\_  \_     Natural Intelligence, Inc.      Tel (617) 876-7680 x1208
  \_ \__  \_     Cambridge, MA                   Fax (617) 492-7425