From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 1991 23:55:14 EST
Again, I'll try to just post results I haven't seen here yet.

RPI Invitational (Sat):
CONS: Northeastern 8, Union 5
CHAMP: St Lawrence 4, RPI 1

Syracuse Invitational (Sat):
CONS: Colgate 10, Army 3
CHAMP: Ohio State 4, Clarkson 3
 Fri, Clarkson beat Army 11-1 in the other semifinal; OSU beat Colgate 6-5
 in ot, as I posted yesterday, in the first semi.

Auld Lang Syne Classic (Sun):
CONS: Vermont 6, Dartmouth 3
CHAMP: Boston University 5, New Hampshire 2
 BTW, this year it was the "Landmark Bank Auld Lang Syne Classic" as sponsor-
 ship changed from Yoken's Comfort Inn in recent years.
 The triple-ot affair between BU and UVM in the semifinal was the longest
 game in ALS history at 82:22.  First a 5-min ot was played, then a ten-min ot,
 then BU won it at 7:22 of the third ot.  In the previous longest ALS game,
 Providence beat UNH 2-1 in 3 ots - 81:25 - on 12/30/89 to win the 1989 ALS
 title.  The BU win is now the 12th longest DivI game of all time and
 ironically, it knocks down a spot the previous 12th longest game, which is
 the 1991 NC$$ Championship between NMU and BU.

Codfish Bowl (Sat):
CONS: St Anselm 3, UMass-Boston 2
CHAMP: Salem State 7, North Adams 1
 Fred Torrisi was the All-Tourney goalie for North Adams.

Nonconference (Sun):
North Dakota 8, UMass-Lowell 4

Hockey East updated scoreboard will be sent out after the USAF-Merr game
on New Year's Day, standings as well though only nonleague records have
changed since the last mailing.
---
Mike Machnik        [log in to unmask]       [log in to unmask]