From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 1991 01:41:14 EST
The following haven't been posted yet, so here they are:
FRI DEC 27
Syracuse Inv: Ohio State 6, Colgate 5 (ot)
              (no Army-Clarkson score)
Calgary 4, North Dakota 4 (exh; ot I am guessing)
SAT DEC 28
Auld Lang Syne Classic: UNH 8, Dartmouth 3
                        BU 3, Vermont 2 (score?) (THREE OTs - anyone see this?)
at North Dakota 6, UMass-Lowell 1

OTHER
The Team USA-Czechoslovakia game scheduled for the Worcester Centrum Jan 7
has been cancelled; I expect the CZ game in Albany was as well.

Maine is apparently counting its games with Calgary and Toronto as part of
its overall record.  Maine called the games with Teams USA and Canada EXHs,
leaving them 33 other games, so they are able to count all of them.

Maine outshot Toronto 48-15 in its win.  I haven't seen the score of the Maine-
Wis game but I wonder if two games against lesser teams may have hurt the
Black Bears heading into what was sure to be a tough game with the host Badgers.

Results of the ALS were given on the nationwide nightly sports talk show
I'm listening to on the radio, which surprised me.  Being without several
players who are in the Juniors, BU skated several more freshmen...Ken Rausch
of Danbury, CT set up Jon Pratt for both the tying and winning goals in
Rausch's first collegiate game.  In the nightcap, UNH jumped out 4-1 on
Dartmouth before the host Big Green came back to make it 4-3, then UNH got
the game's last 4 goals.

Even though Union lost 6-4 to RPI, note that Union's best player, Craig Ferraro,
was helping Team USA to a win over Germany in the Juniors the same night (a
goal and an assist in a 6-2 win).

There's a short article here about how Brian Durocher plans to bring a new
style to Colgate in taking over for the late Terry Slater.  He is quoted,
"Terry's style was always skate, skate and then skate faster.  My style is more
of a combination of Terry Slater and Jack Parker.  I lean to more of a
defensive style.  Defense is what gets you into the playoffs."  Durocher says
that the Colgate players have adjusted well to their coach passing away.

Is anyone else afraid that Dave Peterson is going to produce another under-
achieving US Olympic Team?  I hope I'm wrong...
---
Mike Machnik        [log in to unmask]       [log in to unmask]