From:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1991 18:41:52 -0500
    I went to the US Olympic practice, and since everyone is wearing a mask,
    I don't know the play #s, and the practice jerseys don't have names, I
    have a question about the US olympic goalie situation.  I saw (And got
    the autographs of) DelGuidice (carrying the Bruins bag) and Gordon.
    Another goalie came out by the bus, and when the little kids asked him
    for his autograph, he said, "You don't want it."  He was working in a
    team with DelGudice, and this goalie was having an aweful day in the
    pipes. (letting in a lot of 5-hole goals).  Anyway, some guy (I still
    don't know his last name, but John somebody [can't read his signature[,
    but he plays for a Swiss team) said that goaalie was someone who they
    just brought in, and he had no idea who it was.  Coincidentally, he also
    said that LeBlanc is their #1 goalie, no question about it.

    So, who was this mystery goalie?  And, who's this mystery player?

    I noticed, overall, that both the Soviet and the US players are very
    VERY nice people.  Practice wise, since the Soviet Squad already had 2
    goalies and 19 skaters, their practice wasn't as "hard" as the US squad.
    In the US practice, it seemed that every goal counted, and even one's
    performance in the drills mattered.  However, there didn't seem to be
    interplayer resentment.

    Of all the US players I talked to, Ted Drury was the nicest.  He spent
    about 15 minutes talking with the fans.  (Though I mentioned soemthing
    about Lane, and he didn't seem to like that.  Did he play at the same
    time as Lane?  [Basically, I said, "I'm sorry about Lane.  It would have
    been nice to have 2 Harvard players on the team."])

    That's all.

--
[log in to unmask] (Eric Rickin)
Go: Penguins, Red Wings, Junior Barons, Thunderbirds, and Crunch

University of Michigan Class of 1996 (?)