From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1991 16:28:48 EST
Carol writes:
> The biggest surprise of the weekend was that Boston College went winless. It
> appeared that they had a lack of motivation. That was disappointing. BC also
> had the most coaches on the bench and all but head coach Ceglarski were in
> suits! One other peculiar note was that both BC and Providence dressed three
> goalies for the game in lieu of an 18th skater????  Is this normal for the
> eastern squads or just an odd coincidence?

It doesn't surprise me at all that BC finished fourth, remember that this is
not the same BC team you've become accustomed to seeing in recent years.  When
they lost to BG, I expected them to lose to PC in the consolation.  PC has
done well against BC lately, and also PC is a much better team this season.
This tourney had one of the tougher all-around fields.

Nice to see Rob Gaudreau made the All-Tourney Team as a defenseman.

Ceglarski never wears a suit on the bench, he always comes in that BC warmup
jacket ever since I can remember.  Even in the Beanpot.  The other BC coaches
are fighting for their jobs so they want to look good. :-)  (BTW latest news
I hear is that the ball has swung back to associate coach Steve Cedorchuk as
far as being in the running to succeed Ceglarski.)

Many teams dress three goalies for a game in addition to 18 skaters -
this is allowed by the NC$$ (Rule 2-3-a).  Are you sure they didn't also dress
18 skaters?  If they did only go with 17, it wouldn't have been because of the
number of goalies; injuries may have played a role.
---
Mike Machnik        [log in to unmask]       [log in to unmask]