From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 16:32:57 -0700
> Here was the situation:
> 1) A Michigan player, I believe it was Bobby Hayes, is in the penalty box
> for a 2-minute minor.
>
> 2) Behind the OSU net, Michigan's John Madden (I could be wrong on the
> names, but we're looking at the situation here) trips a Ohio State player.
> Referee Roger Graff puts his arm up, indicating a delayed call.  OSU has
> possesion of the puck, so play continues.
>
> 3) Ohio State attacks the net, and a Michigan defenseman purposely knocks
> the net off the moorings.  There is approximately 1:30 left on the Hayes
> penalty.
>
> 4) Due to the net being knocked off the moorings, Graff calls a penalty shot.

sounds like two penalties here, not one
A) madden for the trip
B) the intentional dislodging of the net

looks to me like they both should have stayed in, but what do i know.
great question for tomorrow's game.

      charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]
                    http://www.cs.uccs.edu/~cdash
            (719) 262-3492               (fax) 262-3369