From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 13:40:29 -0500
> Its tough to say BU's schedule is tougher than Providence's when
> looking at the fact that Prov. has three games left with UNH. But,
> Prov. is done with Maine which is the hottest team in the league and
> BU has three games left with the BlackBears.

Providence may score another scheduling coup by facing UNH late this season.
I always liked that PC faced Maine early in the season and managed to grab
some points from the Black Bears that were usually difficult to come by later
in the season.  This year, PC may run up against a UNH squad that could be
pretty cooled off.  Given that BU has 3 games remaining against both Lowell
and Maine, I think they earn the distinction of having the toughest remaining
schedule.

BU's remaining schedule is a plus for UNH who trails BU by 3 points but
already has 4 points in hand against Maine and a game in hand vs. BC.  UNH
certainly can't win Hockey East with splits the rest of the way, but if all
things remain somewhat equal between BU and UNH, that last game for both teams
AT BU could prove to be huge!

As a UNH fan you usually cheer for BU against Maine, but this year we have to
cheer for those other boys in blue.  You just have to love this game!

  \_  \_  \_     Howard M. Quimby                [log in to unmask]
  \_\_\_  \_     Natural Intelligence, Inc.      Tel (617) 876-7680 x1208
  \_ \__  \_     Cambridge, MA                   Fax (617) 492-7425