From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 09:50:21 -0500
IMHO, Jamie Papp has the hardest shot among Cornellians, and frankly if
there's a harder shot in the ECAC I haven't seen it.  When Jamie hits his
favorite spot (Big Red fans feel free to smile in knowing exactly where
that is; everybody else will have to wait for Jamie to show you :-) from
anywhere inside the blue line, he scores -- that simple.

Now thank you very much, Eric, for the neat segway into what I wanted to
talk about :-).  Watching the skills competition before the AHL All Star
game last weekend, I thought about how much fun these contests are, and how
much *more* fun they would be if I knew / cared about the players involved.
 I hope such a contest will be included in the ECAC-HE All Star game (at
UNH, I believe?) this Spring.  I'd also *love* to see such a competition at
the Cornell Red-White game; it would be a lot of fun and also help
introduce the players to the crowd (the whole point of the exercise), and I
imagine that other teams' "midnight madness" could be spiced up in the same
way.  It's gotta be at least as good as "Swan Lake" :-)

Greg Berge
Cornell '85
Let's Go Red!