From:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 09:23:27 -0500
On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Steve Jukes wrote:

>> >     Team                    Record  Points  Last Wk.
>> >  1. Michigan (10)           21-1-3   100      1
>> >  2. North Dakota            16-6-2    84      2
>> >  3. Boston University       13-4-5    80      3
>> >  4. Michigan State          14-6-2    57      7
>> >  5. Minnesota               16-8-0    47      5
>> >  6. Lake Superior State     16-8-3    36      9
>> >  7. New Hampshire           17-6-0    34      6
>> >  8. Clarkson                14-7-0    32     NR   :-)
>> >  9. St. Cloud State         14-7-3    25     NR
>> > 10. Miami (Ohio)            19-7-0    24      4

<snip>

>Anyways, this coming weekend will be a true test of Miami, they will be primed
to play well against obivously the best team in the nation..

Whoa, they haven't looked so obvious of late.  Other teams are starting to
catch Michigan in mental lapses.  Talent-wise, you might be right.  If
Michigan plays up to their talent level, they just might "obviously" be
the best team.  But, it takes more than just talent to make a team good.
Without mental lapses, they can be the best team in the nation.  With the
mental lapses, many teams can beat them, including Miami at Yost.

>I can see 2 hard fought games..

You got that right.  But I can't, as I don't have tickets. :-(

>with each team collecting a victory. Miami's defence and goaltending will
>give the high-flying wolverines something to think about.

Absolutely!

>2 lop-sided victories by michigan this weekend would be a good reason to see
>Miami drop in the poles..

They probably would, but I don't see that happening.

>but if they manage to play well both games and escape
>with at least one victory (which i am predicting they will) alot of people
>will be putting their proverbial foot in their mouth (Aren't teams allowed
>to have an off weekend?) and we'll see Miami get vaulted in the poles..
>surely into the top 5.

I would personally like to see Michigan win two very close games, and have
Miami actually move up in the polls.  That loss to Ferris really hurt
Miami, though.

-Alan Harder
 Go Blue!