From:
Mike Kahn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Kahn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 08:58:56 -0500
Newman Robb wrote:

> > As the most recent Clarkson graduate, I think that the poll is
> >premature of Clarkson's accomplishments.
> >Siren Chudgar
> >Clarkson '96
> >

> I'm shocked to find myself in agreement on anything with a Clarkson fan,

And I'm shocked to find myself in disagreement with a Clarkson fan.
Clarkson has beaten more than just 2 good teams.  They also beat BU
who is currently ranked 2nd or 3rd in most polls.  They beat a good
BC team twice (the same team that tied BU twice).  They beat Cornell
and they beat Princeton.  These are all teams that are being named
in the very same polls that Clarkson is now just creeping into.
They are currently riding a 5 game winning streak.  As was stated on the
Clarkson Web page, they are averaging about 7th place in all of the
various computer rankings (CCHP,RPI,KRACH,HEAL,CHODR).  And now that
USCHOL is publishing PWR we see that Clarkson is #6 AND they have the
2nd best record in the nation against teams under consideration.  I
think that Clarkson's current position is based upon way more than one
victory and is in fact well deserved.

Incidentally - I've got to agree with all of the people who feel that
Miami is getting boned.  UNH lost to Lowell this past weekend and they
have actually moved UP in 1 of the polls!

Let's Go Tech!
-Mike
--
Mike Kahn - Clarkson '91                         This .sig is boring eh?
Cascade Communications Corp.