From:
Siren Chudgar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 18:27:32 -0500
On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, (No Name) wrote:

> USA TODAY/American Hockey Magazine Coaches Poll
> Colorado Springs, Colo. (Jan. 20, 1997)
>

>     Team                    Record  Points  Last Wk.
>  1. Michigan (10)           21-1-3   100      1
>  2. North Dakota            16-6-2    84      2
>  3. Boston University       13-4-5    80      3
>  4. Michigan State          14-6-2    57      7
>  5. Minnesota               16-8-0    47      5
>  6. Lake Superior State     16-8-3    36      9
>  7. New Hampshire           17-6-0    34      6
>  8. Clarkson                14-7-0    32     NR   :-)
>  9. St. Cloud State         14-7-3    25     NR
> 10. Miami (Ohio)            19-7-0    24      4
>
> Other teams receiving votes: Vermont 15,
> Colorado College 8, Cornell 5, Princeton 3.

Looking at this poll I see something that is very surprising to me.  Less
than three weeks ago, Clarkson received 1 point in this poll and was
behind the likes of Vermont, Cornell, Princeton and RPI, and now they are
ranked as high as 8th and the only ECAC team to be ranked in the top
ten.  As the most recent Clarkson graduate, I think that the poll is
premature of Clarkson's accomplishments.  They beat one really good team
(UNH), and one team that was supposed to be really really good (UVM) and
that is about it.  Could someone please explain to me the rapid jump for
my alma mater in the polls.  Is this a poll to show what is expected of
Clarkson rather than where they really are.  With a couple more victories
(SLU, etc., etc.,) down the road I could easily see giving Clarkson a top
ten spot, but maybe after the next CU-UVM game.

Any answers??

Siren Chudgar
Clarkson '96

LET'S GO TECH!!! BEAT SLU!!!!!