From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 12:23:17 -0400
A couple of things:
        1.  I listened to the SLU-UVM game on radio but it was the UVM
broadcast.  The announcers on this staton were complaining about the reffing
all night long so it was not just SLU fans.  It sounded like SLU played a
good game but the puck didn't fall in our direction.  The announcers were
very complimentary of Clint Owen.
        2.  I went to the Dartmouth-SLU game.  Argh.  Dartmouth never
stopped.  They had the largest crowd I have ever seen at their arena - then
again is that saying a lot?  SLU looked like crap.  Sorry but I haven't seen
so many passes going to the other team since I was back at SLU in the 70's
when SLU hardly ever won a game.  It was painful to watch.
        There was a strange call in the Dartmouth game that I want to ask
about.  If I remember correctly, the play was down in the SLU end.  SLU
was called on a delayed penalty.  The Dartmouth goalie had started leaving
the net.  There was discussion with the ref and the SLU captain.  An
announcement was made that the face off was to be brought out to neutral ice
because of "premature substition of the goalie".  I took this to mean that
someone from the Dartmouth bench got on the ice before the goalie made it to
the bench (he never did get to the bench before the whistle).  So my question
is this:  Has anyone ever seen this call before?  Why wasn't it just a
2-minute penalty for too many men on the ice? (sorry, I guess that is more
than 1 question.)

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!! please beat Clarkson