From:
"(No Name)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:50:04 -0500
Classification:
Prologue: Dan Olsen
IBM Global Services
Client Services Representative
East Fishkill, NY / Building 504 2J5-21
Ph: 8-532-5259 / (914) 892-5259
FAX: 8-532-7588 / (914 )892-7588
Mail: IBMUSM00(DOLSEN) or
Epilogue: Regards,
Dan Olsen

One of my major criteria for someone who deserves a "MVP" award is someone who
comes through in big games.  The ECAC's top contender for the Hobey Baker put
his best skate forward on Saturday as Clarkson beat Vermont 2-1.  White tallied
both goals in the Knights win, extending their winning streak to five and
breaking the Cats 6 game win streak.

The other ECAC Hobey hopefuls also performed well in the game.  Eric Perrin and
Martin St. Louis were responsible for the lone Catamount tally, while
goaltenders Tim Thomas and Dan Murphy both held down the fort in goal.  Murphy
did have the opportunity for some rest on Friday as Clarkson pulled Murphy
after 40 minutes in favor of freshman Christian Marois with a 6-1 Knight lead.

For those of us who don't get to see much hockey on the east side of the world,
I for one would like to see updates about how the other top Hobey candidates
are doing.  We can read about some game recaps and look at stats, but it is
sometimes difficult to get a read on what the player is doing for his team.