From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 16:32:44 -0500
At 10:22 AM 1/16/97 EST, Dave Hendrickson wrote:

>I reported this in my USCHO Weekly Games Preview last week.  Although he and
>Poti both returned from the World Junior Tournament, LaCouture was not
>eligible to play until he resumed classes.  That happened this past Monday,
>so he is now eligible and will play this weekend.

What I'm curious to know, and perhaps Dave or someone else close to the
Boston University athletic department can elaborate on, is how a player, in
this case LaCouture, can apparently take incompletes in all his classes, and
still be eligible to play the next semester?

Please fill me in if I am missing something, but he left school with weeks
left in the semester meaning he either failed all those classes (in which
case he'd clearly be ineligible) or he took incompletes.

What is the criteria for a player to make up those incompletes?  In a
technical sense one would think that the player would have to make up the
incompletes before he could be eligible, especially when it includes all the
student's classes.

Another possible explaination I just thought of might be that perhaps his
whole semester was thrown out.  Sometimes students with exceptional
circumstances are allowed to have a semester wiped out and then allowed to
re-enroll in school.

It would appear that the latter is the case here, because I can't imagine
someone with a full load of incompletes from the semester before would be
eligible to play.

Hopefully there are people out there who can answer these questions.
---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])