From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 21:02:49 -0500
At 01:35 PM 1/12/97 -0500, Jay Lau wrote:

>However, since Crowder recruited these players before he left for
>greener pastures, what's going to happen in future years? With a coach
>that has proven nothing yet and the worst rink in Hockey East (and
>possibly the worsest in all of college hockey), can Lowell do well in the
>recruiting game in the future?

First off I would think most people would rate the Volpe Complex lower than
Tully Forum, but neither are top quality Division I buildings.

Two weeks ago Tim Burton, I'm not sure of his title but he does work with
UML athletics, said that he is almost 100 percent positive that a new rink
will be ready next October for UMass-Lowell to play in.

This new rink is expected to house the River Hawks and an AHL franchise if
memory serves me correctly.

Also, given that Bruce Crowder has given a lot of credit in the past to Tim
Whitehead for bringing the right players in, I would suggest that Lowell has
a good shot to at least continue to bring in the same level of talent that
they are currently getting.

---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])