From:
Ron Correia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 14:59:05 -0500

> Perhaps someone else has a more accurate account, but my understanding from
>  WZON radio was that the consession people seriously burned some popcorn,
>  causing lots of smoke.  The announcers questioned why there was no smoke
>  alarm, which means it must have been somewhat bad.

Deron,
   I was at the game and this is the first I heard of it, so it couldn't have
been too bad!  There definitely was no smoke on the ice.  Now, the press box
is right above the entrance to the concession area, so the announcers may
have gotten a blast from the burnt popcorn, but it didn't effect play and I
doubt anyone else in the rink even noticed.

-- Ron