From:
"Paula C. Weston" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paula C. Weston
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 02:18:31 -0500
It's amazing--left wing senior Chad Power from Ohio State is the CCHA
offensive player of the week.

Power had ten--10!--points in the Pepsi/Grand Rapids Tournament.  Even
though the Buckeyes lost to St. Lawrence in the Championship game, Power was
named tournament MVP.

Power had a hat trick on Friday night in the 8-4 win over Ferris State.  He
scored a full-strength goal, a short-handed goal, and a power play goal.  In
that game, OSU's captain Steve Brent--nicest reformed goon you'll ever
know--also had a short-handed goal, and OSU's Pierre Dufour scored on a
penalty shot in Saturday's game.

I wasn't there, but I wish I'd gone--sounds like a wild time.

For the record, I predicted the Buckeyes would lose to Ferris State Friday
night, and win the consolation game against St. Lawrence.  Yes, I screwed up
every pick of that tournament.  I had Ferris and Western in the Championship
game (fitting for the two hosts, and the two better CCHA teams--I don't know
much about St. Lawrence).

Ohio State scored 14 goals on the weekend.  That's good news for the
Buckeyes.  The bad news--and this is really bad--is that they allowed 11
goals.  Both OSU goaltenders average more than four goals against per game.
Boy, do the Buckeyes miss Tom Askey (AHL) and Kurt Brown (ECHL).

The Buckeyes may be in for a long couple of months.  Sure, they play mostly
at home, but they play Lake, Miami, Michigan and Michigan State, more than a
couple of times for most.  Dark days ahead.

There, I've vented.  Just wanted the world to know that Chad Power had ten
point in two games.  And this is a player who was benched for most of last
season for "attitude" problems.

By the way, Buckeye defenseman Ryan Root was benched for most of last season
for "attitude" problems; he's on fire this season, and his attitude is
exactly the same (nice guy) IMHO.

Just stepping up, as requested.

Paula C. Weston
Girl Reporter