From:
"Daniel S. Fields" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 12:50:24 EST
An issue was made of the Governers Cup having three HE and only one
ECAC...  That is the same way the BeanPot has been played for how many
years?  BC, BU, Northeaster and Harvard dont have any complaints?  I
personally very much like tournaments like the BeanPot, and now the
Goveners Cup and wish there could be more.  The tradition is huge
behind them, and once established become a marketable event.  How many
other college hockey games do you see on ESPN or ESPN2 except for the
playoffs?  BeanPot makes it every year...  Besides, what other ECAC
could you add that would replace a HE team?  There aren't any other
Div. 1 schools i Maine or NH, to my knowledge.

Daniel S. Fields
Univ. of Southern Maine (maybe we'll win one soon!)
Go Blue!  Go Crimson!