From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 13:08:45 -0800
Sorry I didn't post anything about the games, but I was at them and had
no access;)  SLU rebounded from its loss to Clarkson quite well and for
once, the goalie situation was not an issue!!!!  Bracco came out to play
this weekend and save for one really pathetic third goal at RPI, was a
dominant goalie.  His 53 saves against RPI was a sight to see indeed.
Both games were really hard fought and although the score does not
indicate it, the RPI game was the closer of the two...it only opened up
in the last 6 minutes, after the team was deflated by Bracco's bad
goal...unfortunate...

On-the-other-hand thought, the Union game was much more one sided than
the score indicated...SLU came out in the first period quite flat and
allowed 2 break-away (1 on goalie) goals...one shorthanded...but after
the first they easily broke through Union's mid-ice forecheck trap and
dominated play.  After the first Union had 1 quality scoring attempt and
scored on it;)  It was another shorthanded, 1 on goalie goal.  SLU had
many, many quality shots but couldn't quite put it away...but we scored
enough so it didn't matter.  SLU's defense seemed very strong, except
while on the pp...without some really bad pp breakdowns the scored would
have been 4-1 which would have reflected the true difference in the game
IMHO.

SLU got a win when most (including me) expected the to simply fold up and
disappear...they played gritty and determined hockey and the HE games
next week should be pretty exciting against BU and BC...if Bracco plays
like he did on Sat. night (except for that crappy goal;)), SLU could make
a real weekend out of it...if not, it will be only 2 more games until
Owen returns:)