From:
John Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 10:06:03 CST
I wish Terry's prediction of another Badger victory came true Saturday.  Not
so.

This was definitely an off-night for a lot of people.  Puck control was
definitely lacking for the Badger--passes all-out missed the intended player,
or the player would drop the puck 3 feet behind, have to double back and blow
any timing advantage they might have had.  They seemed to get stuck behind the
net on one end or the other whenever UMD was short-handed; when the Badgers
did get the puck in the offensive zone during a power play, the players didn't
keep moving enough (or move the puck fast enough) to get around the Bulldogs'
agressive forecheck.

I couldn't quite figure out what was going on with the officiating.  How it
took the refs 10-15 seconds to figure out two guys were slugging it out, on
the ice in front of the goal after play had moved from one end of the ice to
the other is beyond me.  That seemed pretty obvious in my opinion.  Just once
I'd like the refs to call a clean, TIGHT game.  These players should be good
enough to adjust to it.

I have to compliment the Bulldogs on an agressive game Saturday.  If only the
Badgers could look awake like this on a Saturday night...

John Perkins
[log in to unmask]@cs.wisc.edu