From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:47:12 -0500
Cornell breaks into the top ten of a major poll this week (#10 in the 11/18
USCHO Poll -- formerly the Troy Record poll).  Yeah, I know, Michigan
probably hasn't been *out* of the top ten in seven years, and for all I know
the Golden Gophers haven't missed a week in my lifetime, but ya gotta start
somewhere.

Personally, I do not recall the Big Red being ranked among the top ten in
any national poll (sorry, I'm not counting hockey-l :-) *before March*, in
my time (since '81).  Maybe they broke through briefly during the '91
season, but to paraphrase <insert name of politician of your choice here>,
"I have no clear recollection of that incident, Senator."

Lynah Faithful should also note that what appeared in the pre-season to be a
"so-so" NC opponent date in late November turns out to be Miami, currently
also among the USCHO top ten.  The search now commences for the last time
the Big Red defeated a nationally ranked NC opponent (and my guess is Game
One of the '91 NCAA first round, at Michigan).

Greg R. Berge
Let's Go Red!