From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1991 14:11:25 -0700
Lots of miscellaneous stuff here.

1.  All you cornellians, do i qualify as lynah faithful from back in 1958 (the
    first year) when we had trouble lights with red bulbs as the goal lights
    and then coach paul patten doubling as the zamboni driver?

2.  Air Force doesn't have cheerleaders at hockey games, but occasionally we
    get the flashers.  The flashers are dressed in trench coats, hats, and
    brief shorts for decorum.  They body paint F A L C O N S on their chests
    (one letter each) and generally make fools of themselves flashing their
    message and sliding into the goal.  They started out as a spirit mission
    (cadet prank) at halftime of a football game several years ago and the
    tradition continues

3.  At an air force JV game last year (the official crowd count was 27) I
    was unsuccessful in an attempt to toss my hat on the ice after a cadet
    we sponsor scored a hat trick.  I was in the last row and my hat hit the
    glass, but didn't make it onto the ice surface.  I'm generally not keeping
    track of who has two goals (other than OUR cadets), and the announcer
    never says anything about hat tricks at the academy, so we've missed some.

4.  I know there are contingents who go to season ending tournaments, and the
    like.  I also know families travel heavily.  One of our cadets is from back
    in New Hampshire and his dad gets out a couple of times a year.  Several
    alumni (of Air Force) are commercial pilots and can arrange for layovers
    near away games.  Last year, we were fortunate enough to use some free
    tickets to go to the USAFA - Notre Dame games in South Bend, and found
    it really enjoyable.  This year we are not going as a family, but i'll
    get to be in boston for the 4 games against merrimack and northeastern
    on 12/30, 1/1, 1/3, and 1/4 and will be at the west point games in
    february with my 11 year old goalie son.  My wife and daughter were
    scheduled to go back to burlington for the series there, but my daughter
    can't afford to miss two days of school.  Two points, or comments
    A) I'd enjoy meeting other list members at these excursions (yes, i've
       already arranged to meet mike-m)
    B) How do i keep up this habit when I run out of frequent flier bonuses?

5.  I hope this isn't the kind of posting that doesn't belong on the list.

    CC - USAFA results later tonight

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
  or even         (719) 593-3492