From:
Bob Gaskins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gaskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 21:04:40 -0600
Someone forgot to tell the Nanooks they were a win less hockey team. Tonite
at Munn, they walked all over the Green and White on our own turf. This
definitely was not the Spartan team that beat Michigan and BG last weekend.

While I didn't see the game, I did listen to the radio broadcast on the
internet, so this report is based on those notes.

There was no score in the first period, but the teams left the ice  with a
2-2 tie at the end of the second. Then the Green & White forgot to come
back on the ice after the break.

MSU seemed to dominate the first two periods, although it sounded as if we
made some really stupid moves and gave away at least two goals in the
second. One of those was a penalty shot which we never should have allowed
to happen.

From the game broadcast it appeared as though the MSU defense must have
taken the night off. In spite of out shooting the Nanooks 29 to 15, the
Spartans were unable to score after the start of the second, even on
several power plays. Sadly we gave up one goal to the shorthanded Nanooks
during one of those power plays.

It sure was disappointing to hear on the radio/computer. I hope someone who
was at the game will give us a more complete eyewitness report.

cheers!
      -- Bob Gaskins <[log in to unmask]>