From:
James Clippinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 11:56:05 -0500
> Mark Morris, coach of Clarkson, is a graduate and 4 year letter winner in
> hockey from Colgate University.  (Maybe that's why we have trouble beating
> them, even when they aren't good.)  :-)  I don't know much about his stats,
> but I'm sure someone from Colgate or Clarkson can elaborate.

Morris was 23-50--73 with 163 PIMs while playing for the Red Raiders
between 1977 and 1981.  He was a defenseman who, appropriately enough,
won the 1980 Coaches' Award.

His stats pale in comparison to RPI coach Dan Fridgen, who was
114-78--192 with 387 PIMs as a winger between 1978 and 1982.  Fridgen is
currently 3rd in career scoring and 2nd in career penalty minutes.

Both were members of the 1980-81 team that both set a record for ECAC league
goals that still stands (180) and made Colgate's first-ever appearance
in the NCAA tournament.

James Clippinger            | Check out the unofficial Colgate hockey page!
[log in to unmask]      |  http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~james/hockey/