From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 13:47:09 -0800
Bill Fenwick wrote:

Regular-season maximums:

NC$$:  34 games
ECAC:  32
Ivy League:  29

These were the posted limits on the number of games that ECAC members can
play...the thing that I don't understand is that SLU has now added a 33rd
and 34th game for this year's season...Earlier in the season I noted that
the composite schedule for SLU had them playing in 2 Christmas tourneys
and I assumed it was a mistake...but, they are indeed going to play in
both...the result is 6 games played in 9 days (killer;))...but how is SLU
getting around this 32 game limit of the ECAC...none of this year's games
are exhibition...none are out side of the county (SLU SID Wally Johnson,
on his broadcast, said that every 4 or 5 years the ECAC allowed teams
extra games out side the country if they chose to play them)...

The ever curious Kevin Todd
SLU '96