From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klein, Steve
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 16:11:00 PDT
Things HAVE changed.
This year, SportsTicker, one of our major content providers, has added
real-time college hockey scores at USA TODAY Online's urging.
If the technology is working correctly, college hockey fans should be able
to follow scores in progress at:
     http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores96/scores.htm
We also invite reader/users to visit USA TODAY Online's College Sports front
page, which is a good gateway to our college hockey package, at:
     http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colfront.htm
As always, input from HOCKEY-L participants is most welcome.
You can e-mail me at:
Jon Barkan at:
Cindy Paavola at:
Dave Reed at:
We also wish the creators of the uscollegehockey.com site every success with
their excellent site. College hockey is growing on the Web and it's only
going to get better.

Steve Klein
Deputy Editor/Sports
USA TODAY Online
Unless things have changed, USA Today does no provide on-the-fly scores
for college hockey.  They do in most other sports, though.  I can't
remember the specific reason, but some at USA Today did explain the
rationale behnid this to me once.  Something to do with the wire they get
their hockey scores from being different than that of other sports, I
think.
  - Steve