From:
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 20:48:10 -0400
Jayson Moy writes:

>Just tried to renew my Drop The Puck subscription.
>No longer being published??

Correct, unfortunately

>Does anyone have anymore info on this?

The editor has moved on to other things and was unable to find a buyer
for the going concern.

>If this is the case, college hockey loses a fine medium for its sport.
>I have always found it to be a great starting point to the season, and
>its weekly features let me fill my knowledge of the sport, and its athletes.

Several people have mentioned to me that they relied on the yearbook
as a unique source of information. I hope some other publisher fills
the void (and wants me to write for him/her).

>If it is indeed true that Drop The Puck is no longer around, may its creators
>find solace in the fact that they provided a great service, and a great
>educational tool for many of those in our community.

Thanks, on behalf of the various folks who wrote for DTP. There isn't
a lot of money to be made in college hockey publishing, so folks like
former DTP editor Kerby Meyer are much appreciated -- willing to take
a bit of a bath to spread the word. I will continue to freelance for
whomever will pay me (Hockey Player and Hockey Digest, primarily), as
will, I'm sure, the other DTP writers. Maybe I'll even write for
some of the people who continually forget to pay me :-) (Kerby never
forgot, by the way).

Geoff Howell